Acclaimed DJ, producer, and performer Greg Cerrone’s curiosity has served him well.
“The first time I ever went to a club I realized I wanted to DJ,” he recalls. “I didn’t know the DJ at all, but I walked into his booth anyway and asked him, ‘How do you do this? Can you show me?’ I wanted to learn, and it was very natural from there.”
He did more than simply learn how to spin records for a crowd though. In less than a decade since that fateful evening, he became one of the most in-demand electronic dance music producers in Europe by channeling his creative intuition.
Raised in a “musical household” as he puts it, his father Marc Cerrone—French disco legend whose own sales exceed 30 million worldwide. Marc enlisted Greg for 5 intense years of studio and label work throughout 2000 to 2005. They collaborated & co-produced the album “Hysteria”, and Greg ended up performing for a crowd of 100,000 at the Versailles Castle “Dance Party” in 2005. Soon, he skyrocketed to prominence in Europe. Founding his own label On The Air Music in 2005, he dropped “Pilling Me” and “Invincible”, which both turned heads everywhere. BBC1’s Pete Tong embraced him, and he continued gigging constantly, touching down for sets in London, Montreal, Moscow, Brazil, Ibiza, Monaco, Hong Kong, Shanghai, France, Morocco, Belgium, Tunisia, Milan, Miami, Las Vegas, and virtually anywhere else there was a club.
In 2009, he unleashed the dance floor phenomenon “Taking Control of You” and its follow-up “Lipstick”, which Avicii remixed. Everybody from Afrojack and John Dahlback to Miles Dyson and Klaas clamored for the opportunity to remix or collaborate with Greg. Cannes Film Festival, Xbox, Apple, and Playboy all booked him for private parties.Yet he’s just begun to extend his influence to the United States in a big way. Teaming up with Dahlback, he unveiled “Every Breath” featuring Janice Robinson on Big Beat Records/Atlantic in 2012. The track hit #10 on Beatport’s Electro House chart and #35 overall, making his presence known stateside.
Greg has recently signed to Ultra Music, his first single “Can’t Stop This Feeling” featuring Mako & Angel Taylor was released last July on the famous dance label. It remains an irresistible and impassioned club anthem that’ll get hands in the air every time it pipes through the PA.
“It’s very powerful,” the artist smiles. “I’ve released a lot of music overseas, but I feel like I’m beginning a new chapter here. The beginning is over, and everything is ready now. Hence, the title. this song has got a dirty electro bass line, but real soul and melody chords & a great hook vocal. I feel like I’m introducing myself with it.”
After this release, Greg has just released on Ultra Music again his new single “Rise Together” featuring Koko LaRoo with an Inpetto Club Banger Remix, followed by a remix from Jimmy Carris, then An amazing acoustic Piano version The London Version. The video has just been spread out & a lot of great reactions & big Djs are supporting the track.
Just after that Greg Cerrone released his expected collab track with his buddy Arno Cost “Nightventure” on Steve Angello’s Size Records Label. His track had a huge club success supported by David Guetta, Steve Angello, Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso, Nicky Romero, Nervo, John Dahlback, Danny Howard on BBC1 Radio, Nervo, Thomas Gold, Deniz Koyu, Morgan Page… Nightventure has been several weeks top #7 on Beatport’s Progressive House & #21 in Overall Charts.
During 2013, Greg dropped a hypnotic remix of OneRepublic’s “Feel Again”, released a club banger “Woa Woa” on prestigious Dim Mak Records, Steve Aoki’s label, & remixed fellow Ultra Music artist Brass Knuckles on “Alive”.
In 2014 Greg remixed officially Britney Spears feat Will_I_Am on “It Should Be Easy” for RCA Records, then released a collab track long awaited with Arias called “FootSteps” on Ultra Records. Steve Angello himself premiered “FootSteps” on a lot of festivals around the world & on his BBC1 Radio residency. This track has been supported but a lot of international Djs.
“A good party is when you have a good DJ playing good music in a smart way,” he goes on. “It’s about an atmosphere with sound and lights. We’re bringing everything to another level in 2015. You’re going to have a different experience every time you see me.”
Ultimately though, Greg has one specific goal in mind. “I want people to have fun when they hear my music,” he concludes. “Whether they hear it in a club, at a party, on their stereo, or on headphones, I want them to smile and feel alive.”
Original Discography :
• September 2014 : Arias & Greg Cerrone “FootSteps” (Ultra Music)
• December 2013 : Arno Cost & Greg Cerrone “Nightventure” (Size Records)
• October 2013 : Greg Cerrone feat Koko LaRoo “Rise Together” (Ultra Music) + Inpetto Remix, Jimmy Carris Remix, The London Version
• July 2013 : Greg Cerrone feat Mako & Angel Taylor “Can’t Stop This Feeling” (Ultra Music)
• June 2012 : Greg Cerrone “No Fear” & “Acid Beat”
• May 2013 : Greg Cerrone “WoaWoa” (Dim Mak Records)
• October 2012 : John Dahlback & Greg Cerrone “Every Breath” ft Janice Robinson + Lucky Date Remix (Big Beat)
• June 2012 : Greg Cerrone “No Fear” & “Acid Beat” EP (Mutants)
• March 2012 : Greg Cerrone VS Chris Isaak “Wicked Game” Greg Cerrone Remix
• March 2011 : Greg Cerrone “The Moon” (U-Boot)
• February 2011 : Greg Cerrone & dA frESh “Bad Ass” (Dirty Dutch)
• Sept 10 : Greg Cerrone & dA fresh “Midnight Rollin” (CR2 records)
• June 10 : Greg Cerrone “IT’LL Be Alright” ft Shawnee Taylor
+ remixes by John Dahlback / DBN (Mutants Records / On The Air Music)
• May 10 : Greg Cerrone & dA fresh “Troopers”
• Oct 09 : Let’s Go + rmx by Mischa Daniels
• Aug 09 : Lipstick + rmx by Avicii
• Juin 09 : Fuxia Sky + rmx by Henrik B. / Gold Ryan
• Mars 09 : 1st Album / LP « Taking Control »
• Jan 09 : Taking Control of you part.2 + rmx by D.O.N.S. / Albin Myers
• Dec 08 : Taking Control of you + rmx by dA frESh / Jerry Ropero
• Aug 08 : The Block + rmx by Wally Lopez
• Juin 08 : Bullit + rmx by Miles Dyson / dA frESh
• Avr 08 : Darkness + rmx by Zoo Brazil
• Jan 08 : Schyzo
• Oct 07 : Invincible + rmx by D.O.N.S. / Klaas / Afrojack
• Sep 07 : Eden / Recycle EP
• March 07 : Pilling Me Part 2 / new remixes
• Jan 07 : Pilling Me + rmx by Klaas
• Sep 06 : Friday Night + rmx by Da fresh
• March 06 : SYBD / Game Over EP
Last Remixes by Greg Cerrone :
• Britney Spears feat Will_I_Am “It Should Be Easy” Greg Cerrone Remix (RCA) (beginning 2014)
• Brass Knuckles feat John Ryan “Alive” Greg Cerrone Remix (Ultra Music) (May 2013)
• OneRepublic “Feel Again” Greg Cerrone Remix (Universal) (May 2013)
• Hard Rock Sofa “New Philosophy” Greg Cerrone Remix (NEWS) (March 11)
• Keziah Jones “Invisible Hands” Greg Cerrone Remix (Mozik Records) (Feb 11)
• Spit feat Cozi Costi “Better Without You” Greg Cerrone Remix (Netswork) (Feb 11)
• Killtronik “Travel to your Heart” Greg Cerrone Remix (Wagram) (Sept 10)
• Crystal Waters Vs Bellani & Spada “When people come together” Greg Cerrone Remix (May 10)
• Tom Novy & Jerry Ropero “Touch Me” ft Abigail Bailey Greg Cerrone Remix (Interlabel) (Dec 09)
• Dim Chris & Sebastien Drums “Sometimes I Feel” Greg Cerrone Remix (Nero) (July 09)
• Wally Lopez “Planet Earth” Greg Cerrone Remix (Factomania) (May 09)
• dA frESh “Yesterday” Greg Cerrone Remix (On The Air Music / Armada) (March 09)
• D.O.N.S. “You used to hold me” Greg Cerrone Remix (Music Unlimited) (Jan 09)